Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Kayaking

Yesterday I went kayaking with my friend Trish in the Maroochy River. We also took my dog Peat (aka Shadow, cos he follows me like a shadow all day long, and I take him with me wherever I can). Now Peat is a miniature poodle, and these dogs are supposed to like water, but not this one! He hates that wet stuff! Won't go near a sprinkler, hates his bath, never goes in the pool or the surf, so I figured he would be quite content to sit on the bank of the river and watch while we had all the fun. Wrong! After my first paddle, he was at the edge of the water waiting to get in with me! Thinking it would be a very brief paddle with him, I set off again. Wrong again! He was quite content to stay there ... and stay there. I can only put it down to the fact that he is a boy, and I don't think I'll ever really understand them, despite being surrounded by them all my life.

He doesn't look very concerned, does he?


Peat settled in quite comfortably with Trish.


It was a lovely spot to paddle in!

The water wasn't as bad as it looks in this photo.
Very obviously a beginner at paddling...LOL!


As happy as the proverbial pig in mud!

I also had some fun playing with Photoshop Actions....LOL!

Hope you are all having as much fun as we have been.
cheers, Kate.

1 comment:

African Kelli said...

Kayaking and puppies. What happiness! :)